Can you imagine going through the winter without your furnace? Even in the south, we need heat when the weather gets cold. We’ve put together a list of the top seven things you should know.
- It’s important to change your furnace filter regularly. It will keep it running smoothly, help prevent damage from dust and dirt, and will help improve your indoor air quality.
- Regular maintenance in the fall will keep your heating system running the way it should, help make it more energy efficient, and even extends the life of the equipment.
- Performing repairs or maintenance yourself could void your warranty. Be sure to check before doing any DIY furnace repair.
- Investing in a smart thermostat will allow for greater programming capabilities as well as increased energy efficiency. You’ll be able to set it to keep your house warm when you’re home and cooler when you’re not, with WIFI settings to adjust the temperature from anywhere.
- Your furnace is your best protection from frozen pipes. Don’t turn it off when you’re not home to save money on your utility bills – keep it running at a lower temperature to protect your water lines.
- Consider adding a humidifier to your furnace to keep the air in your home more comfortable and warmer with less heat.
- Choosing the right system is critical, so be sure to seek guidance from a reliable HVAC technician.
Contact your local McCall’s Supply dealer, the leader in HVAC service, for any questions or repairs related to your furnace.